Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(1)-Problem with MWI alternate extension

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Config-Call Manager 3.1(3a) is integrated with unity 3.1(1).We have used extension mobility on callmanager ie the extension(4423,4424,4425) gets activated only when the user logs in on the ip phone.I have configured 4423,4424,4425 as alternate extensions of 6666.

Problem-MWI on the alternate extension does not glow when there is a new voicemail.It glows only when I press Refresh status or Resynch all button on switch configuration.This happens all the time.

Please suggest me how can I solve this.

Regds

Kiran

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any errors in the application event log when a new message arrives (i.e. when Unity should be turning a lamp on that was previously off)? It might be interesting to look at the Subscriber Message Activity report for one of these subscribers over a period of time when we should be turning the lamp on/off. This should show when the message store monitor picks up the inbox change and when we queue up an MWI event to go out at least.

Does the "Indicator Lamps" on the messages page for the subscriber properly show On or Off for one of these users? That would indicate Unity thought it sent out the MWI event and it just failed... in which case you should see some sort of errors in the event log that would give us a clue as to what to look for next.

Also, is it just the alternate MWIs that don't come on/off properly? So the primary MWI works OK? Or not?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: