Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1 / 15 seconds delay before unity answers

Hello,<br><br>I installed yesterday a unity demosystem for a customer presentation with win2k server, exchange 5.5 and msde. Now erverything is working fine but i have the problem when pushing the messages button at the cisco ip-phone i have constant 15 seconds delay before i get the "unity voice mail system..." speech.<br>Is there any easy workaroud for that problem ???<br><br>Thank you<br>regards<br>Mirco Linden <br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity 3.1 / 15 seconds delay before unity answers

I believe that you will get this if you select the wrong switch type. What type of PBX do you have and what type did you select during the installation? You can change the switch type in the SA under System, Switch. You can also change this with the EditSwitch.exe utility in the commserver directory.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity 3.1 / 15 seconds delay before unity answers

Thank you very much,

That Tool solved my problem, the swtich type was defined on default, I changed it to CISCO, and it works no without delay. But I could not remember a question for the switchtype during the installation.

Thanks Mirco

Views
Helpful
Replies