Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Unity 3.1.2 and Alt Extensions

Does the new version of Unity fix the "problem" with Unity in that the alternate extension feature only works with auto attendent? I want to use it to cover multiple lines on one phone (no auto attendent) and only have to have one vm box per user... currently we have internal and DID lines each with their own vm accounts in Unity.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity 3.1.2 and Alt Extensions

Currently the only known problem I know of with alternate extensions in 3.1(2) is that if a call forwards from an atlerante extension and the subscriber has transfers enabled, Unity will attempt the transfer instead of going right to the greeting as it should. This is being fixed by the conversation folks, not sure when a build with that will be available.

I sat down over the weekend and tested all other scenarios (direct dials, forward busy, forward RNA) and they all work as they should for primary and alternate extensions so if you're not using auto attendant transfers for these user (i.e. the subscriber account does not have transfer enabled) you should be golden.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content