Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 3.1.2 Call Handler Dump Utility

Has anyone had success running the Call Handler Dump Utility?

It fails when we try to run it with the following errors:

A Run-time error has occurred

Line 34

Error Could not complete the operationdue to error 8004052e

A Run-time error has occurred

Line 29

Error ActiveX component cannot create object: 'AvDohManager.AvDohManager.1'

Any suggestions on how to get past these errors and get the script to run?

Or is there another way to extract all of the Call Handlers defined in a given system.

Thanks,

Matthew

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.1.2 Call Handler Dump Utility

What version of Unity are you running this on? That is a very old script that was written against the 2.x DOH interface - it's been a long time before anyone has tested that bad boy. I have other tools for more recent versions of Unity that can get call handler info dumped out for you - what exactly are you wanting to do?

that specific error, by the way, is usually because you're trying to run the tool with an account that can't bind to the running instance of the DOH - try logging into the system as the account that's associated with the AvCsMgr service and running it again.

Cisco Employee

Assuming you're running on a 3.1(x) or later system I think I know what the problem is and you can fix it yourself real quick if you want.

If you pop open that script in notepad (it's just a little VB script) you'll see a section at the top that says:

Dim Session

Set Session = Manager.CreateDohSession

Session.Logon

This is the way you had to "mount" the DOH back in 2.x - however in 3.x you needed to tell the DOH you only wanted access to the directory (getting access to messages requires some gnarly permissions stuff with cookies that'll curl your hair). All you need to do is change the "session.Logon" to "Session.LogonSelective(3)", save it and run the script - you're good to go. I just tried this on my 3.1(5) and 4.0(2) servers and it still works fine. Little crusty around the edges and the output format isn't what I'd do today but it still groans into action.

Thanks!

It was Unity 3.1.5 and that change to the script worked wonders.

Matthew

I've been asked to find out if there is another utility available that will export this information in a graphical format?

Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you're going for with a graphical output but the only other thing I can point you at right now is the Audiotext manager which has a tree view of sorts which may be what you're looking for. You can check it out here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager.htm

Again, there's a help file and training video to help you out. The dump capability is pretty limited, showing mostly how all the handlers in an audiotext tree "hang together" more than what each handler is configured to do specifically.

If you have more specific requirements let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content