Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1.2 (Exchange 5.5 off-box) migration

Hello -<br>I've been researching the available docs on CCO and in this forum for moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, but haven't found a single resource for this question:<br>I have an existing Unity system running 3.1.2 with Exchange 5.5 off-box. We are planning our migration to Exchange 2000, but we will NOT be doing an inplace upgrade. We will be installing Exchange 2000 on a new mail server (Exchange schema updates will already be done). Can I make this change retaining my subscribers and digital networking for Bridge to OctelNet legacy systems on the current Unity server?<br>I'm thinking I can disconnect Unity from Exchange 5.5 and remove the IVC gateway; perform the required schema modifications for Unity; reconnect Unity to Exchange 2000, then reinstall the IVC gateway for my bridge. <br>Is there a document stating how to accomplish this or is this an unsupported configuration, meaning I need to completely reinstall Unity?<br>Thanks in advance for all replies!<br><br>Ginger

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity 3.1.2 (Exchange 5.5 off-box) migration

We don't have a specific doc on setting this up but you are one the right path. You do not need to reinstall Unity. The Voice Gateway 2000 (IVC) that ships with Unity 3.1(3) will work in a mixed mode network so you are covered as long as you have 1 Exchange 2000 server.

Please keep in mind that Unity 3.1(3) will have additional schema extensions for the Bridge.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity 3.1.2 (Exchange 5.5 off-box) migration

Great! Thanks for letting me know I'm on the right track.
:-)

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies