Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 3.1.2 to 3.1.5 upgrade

Setup: Dual integration - CCM 3.1.3(a) and SMDI, Exchange 2000 off box, TSP 6.0.2b

We are planning on upgrading Unity from 3.1.2 to 3.1.5 fairly soon, and I was wondering if there is anything I should expect (e.g. little surprises that might pop up during the upgrade process). We definitely need to upgrade; Unity hasn't been terrifically stable since day one.

I have searched the forum and found some very helpful information. The upgrade process looks pretty straightforward, just update the CD image and run (plus the SQL hotfixes). Has anyone run into any problems with Exchange/AD while upgrading? That is probably my biggest concern. Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TMH

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity 3.1.2 to 3.1.5 upgrade

Hello -

We are running Unity 3.1(5) with Exchange 2000 off box, IP integration with CCM 3.2(2c) only. We have 24 Unity ports so we use MSDE, but we still applied the SQL hotfixes. We use optional conversation 1, which provides the user the same phone keypad settings as Octel voicemail. Our TTS engine is RealSpeak. We upgraded to 3.1(5) immediately following our Unity install (3.1(2) CDs shipped) to avoid encountering previously reported problems, such as high CPU utilization. Following the upgrade, we did experience several port lock-ups. Through tracing and work with TAC, we observed several ports flapping (disconnecting/reconnecting) to CallManager. TAC recommended we upgrade our TSP to 7.0. They have also sent us an updated dll file for our RealSpeak TTS engine, but this may not apply in your implementation. We also experienced bug CSCdx10818 - a hotfix is available for 3.1(5). As always, TAC has been very responsive! We encountered NO issues with Exchange or Active Directory (all schema updates and permissions went fine during the 3.1(2) install).

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks for your response, Ginger.

We don't use TTS at all, just the UM. I'll keep the 7.0 TSP file around just to be on the safe side (although I just upgraded a month ago to our current TSP). I'll also take a look at that hotfix as well. Never hurts to be prepared for anything, I guess! The initial install of Unity was, quite frankly, a nightmare, which is the basis for my concern about the upgrade.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any problems with Exchange or AD. Takes a load off of my mind!

Thanks again!

TMH

Exchange 2000 here and did an upgrade from 3.12 to 3.15. It went as smooth as coould be from the jump. No problems to date. I have been running 3.15 for about 2-3 months or so, did it right when it came out. Jumping to 4 soon. Users want the FlexStack feature bad.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content