cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1.3 Import errors

b.beitz
Level 1
Level 1

With the 2.x VM to 3.x UM rebuild, my import reported many errors upon completion. Most of these were just the word "error", however, during the import, the "current object name" field stopped at "agonzales", but the object count continued to 1496.

The error log shows that the import kept working on this one record for another 1000+ times. Here is the error

(error) in import subscribers first pass. Number=-2147217887, Description=Could not update; currently locked., Source=Microsoft JET Database Engine

Finished

(error) in import subscribers first pass. Number=-2147217887, Description=Could not update; currently locked., Source=Microsoft JET Database Engine

Please help.

Thx.

10 Replies 10

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you may need to apply MDAC 2.6 to this system... you can download it off Microsoft's web site here:

http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

Those errors are being returned from the ODBC drivers and look an awful lot like some of the times MS fixed in 2.6. MDAC 2.7 is out as well however I have not done much in the way of testing with it.

I installed MDAC 2.6 prior to installing Unity 3.x. SHould I reinstall 2.6?

Can't hurt - I've seen those errors before on systems that had DLLs on it that were older.

You can try the import without uninstalling and reinstalling using the "/dirtyimport" command line option to make sure this does the trick. This isn't TAC supported, however, but we've done this on other sites that had similiar situations and didn't want to uninstall and reinstall first.

The MS website doesn't state that you can reinstall MDAC over itself.

What do you think about this, before I reinstall or do the command line /dirtyimport option...

Reboot the server

Attempt the import again

If it sticks in the same place, can I simply hit the "exit" button to stop the import?

You can install MDAC over itself as many times as you want... I've done this many, many times - I'd really reccomend doing that since the errors are being kicked out by the ODBC drivers and there's nothing a reboot or changes to my app can do about it...

OK

I've reinstalled MDAC 2.6 just fine. When I reran the import, it recognized that this was no longer a clean Unity install. So that sounds like I need to uninstall unity, reinstall & then import again...please confirm.

If you run the tool with the "/dirtyImport" command line parameter it will skip the check for a preexisting install and you can give it a try...

Thanks.

OK, the most important piece the customer wants me to retain is the CallHandlers.

I've only reinstalled MDAC26 since the first Import errors occurred.

The log shows that many CallHandlers were successfully imported before the errors started on the user mailbox.

Are these CallHandlers still intact & available for the /dirtyimport command line process?

I guess I can try & if it does not work, go with the 3.x uninstall & reinstall, then import again.

Just so you know, I've been working this since Sat. AM & the customer is anxious for me to complete this, so I've also created a TAC case, so I'll stop bugging you so much. (The case number is: D099595)

Per the TAC engineer, I ended up uninstalling 3x, rebooting, reinstalling 3x, reinstalling mdac26, rebooting, rerunning the import & it worked w/ only 6 errors.

Thanks for all your help.

Odd that it was necessary to install MDAC 2.6 again after installing Unity... I'll have someone run a check on the setup to see if we're overwritting an ODBC dll somewhere along the line that's tripping us up here.

thanks for the follow up.