cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(3) Networking

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to setup Digital Networking between two unity server's running 3.1(3).

Setup:

Centralized call processing, call manager at Central Site-A. One unity server at Site A, running 3.1(3) & E2K, DC. The other unity server is at Site B, running Unity 3.1(3), E2K, DC. Both Unity server part of same Active directory. Call Manager version 3.2(2). Unity server work fine within their site (location-city).

From Site A, when u try to do directory lookup for a subscriber at Site B, Unity attendant identifies the other subscriber and tells the extension number asks u to press # to transfer, when u press #, it goes back to the opening greeting of Site A.

From Site A's Unity attendant if enter the extension of a subcriber at Site B, it drops the call.

Same happens if u try it from Site B.

We have setup same dialing domain, unique dial-id, set up the directory search option under directory handler to search the dialing domain and also did the registry edit as per the unity documentation.

Any inputs on how we can make two Unity servers networked. Has any one done it with 3.1(3).

Thanks

Abdul

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From your description this doesn't sound like a Unity issue... Unity is finding the user you are looking for (i.e. the information is replicating around the directory and getting picked up by both Unity servers). However when you do a transfer across servers, even in the same dialing domain, we do a release transfer (i.e. we dial the number and then hang up). If the call is getting dropped it's external to us.

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

I hate to be vague here because I do not know the exact answer off the top of my head, but this is not a Unity issue. The call information is not being preserved for the xfer Unity is making. I have seen this many times, but it is usually misconfiguration of 2 or more CCM Clusters but you claim to have only one, I would post this into the CCM forum.

We tried the same setup at the customer site it worked like a Champ!!!, only difference is the Call Manager ver at the customer site is 3.12c and in our lab it was 3.2(2), not sure if we need make additional changes in the CM.

Only problem we ran into was during the unity upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1(3) , unity won't come up after upgrade and we found it to be bug CSCdx28492.

Networking went fine.

thanks

abdul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: