Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 3.1(3) Standard greeting wav files for call handlers disappearing

I have configured a few auto-attendant call handlers with DNs associated. I have found that after recording a greeting, it seems to disappear after a while. I thought this was from me messing around with other options in the call handler, such as the caller input and after answer settings, but cannot be sure. So I have resigned to recording the greeting last and then it seems to work. But then the other day, another greeting just disappeared. Is this a known problem? Has it been fixed in 3.1(5)?

I have made a backup directory of \streams so if it disappears again I won't have to bother the person who records the greetings...

Thanks,

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.1(3) Standard greeting wav files for call handlers d

This isn't a known problem and I'd be suprised if greetings just went missing on you like that unless some other process was in play (i.e. using ATM or BulkEdit or some other tool that may be touching the greeting paths stored in SQL or something).

when a greeting goes missing you should run dbWalker with no auto fix options turned on (folks should ALWAYS run dbWalker with no fix options turned on first regardless) and it'll report and greeting paths stored for voice names or greetings stored in SQL that don't have a corresponding WAV file associated with them. I'll be suprised if this turns anything up since files just don't get deleted off the hard drive on their own... I think it's more likely to be the path to the wav file in SQL has been touched and is no longer pointing to anything any more - narrowing it down this far is the first step then we can determine where to go from there.

I was able to narrow down the scope of this problem.

The standard greeting for a call handler disappeared after I created a new handler and based it on the existing handler.

In the process of zeroing out the greetings for the new handler, perhaps it whacked the greetings for the one I was copying?

I am still running 3.1.3

Daniel Hellwig

Cisco Employee

Hmmm... that's a possibility - the SA is probably generating the new WAV file name imporperly and waxing over the existing one - that'd be a kick in the pants...

If you use the Audio Text Manager (you can get the latest off www.CiscoUnityTools.com) creating handlers based on others wont do this to you by the way...

I'll look into the SA issue real quick and see if it's a known problem and if not I'll open a DDTS on it.

I've seen this a million times. That's actually a very old bug: CSCdx02331. It should have been fixed in 3.1.3, but I think it resurfaced in that version, and a different bug was filed on it (one I may have filed). I can't seem to find that other bug, though.

Upgrading to 3.1.5 will get you past that.

adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content