cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(4) Active Assistant Media Bar load delay

danwoodruff
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded Unity from 2.46 to 3.1(4). While testing the system, I noticed I'm having a 2 to 3 minute delay when browsing to Active Assistant. Here's what happens.

1) I browse to <server name>/web/aa.

2) The initial page loads fine, which has the links in the left window pane and the title "Active Assistant" in the main window pane.

3) I click on Call Settings: Greetings and I get an hour glass for about 2 to 3 minutes and I can't continue to browse. The main pane displays all the text and options just fine, but the media bar is grayed out and the cursor is an hour glass.

4) After about 2.5 minutes the cursor returns to being an arrow and the media bar is properly displayed. The hour glass then goes away and I can continue to browse anywhere without any delays.

5) After logging off and back in, I may or may not have the same problem. Sometimes I have logged in and not had the delay at all. Unfortunately I have had the delay more times than not.

I've tried a couple of different things.

1) With the netbios cache empty, I browsed to AA and it started fine.

2) With the netbios cache preloaded with the Unity server info, I browsed

to AA and it delayed on me.

These two attempts seem to indicate that name resolution is not the problem. What else can I check? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only thing that comes to mind here for the media master control is perhaps some virus type software on the client... any virus software installed at all? Does this happen on all client machines? On the Unity server itself?

Yes, Norton is installed on all clients. I tried stopping the service, but that did not make any difference in the delay.

Yes, happens on all 9x, NT, and 2K clients. XP seems to be the exception.

No, not on the Unity server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: