cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(4) and Caller ID (ANI)

neggleston
Level 1
Level 1

Where does Unity store the Caller ID (ANI) information of an individual from the PSTN who leaves a message?

How does one hear it during playback on the handset?

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ANI (if we get it) is stuffed into the subject line of the message... at this point you can't hear it over the phone which is annoying, I know. There's been a feature request out for this for a while now and it's just never made it onto the product road map.

What is the canonical name or number of the enhancement request?

What would be the most effective way to lobby for inclusion of the feature in an upcoming release?

The best way is to ask your account team to enter a PERS request... this is how all feature requests are handled from the field and the product folks to watch those to gague which items should get into the product in which release.

Okay, I will do that.

What does PERS stand for?

Does the feature we've been discussing have a name or number that I can tell them to use in the PERS request so we are unambiguous?

Product Enhancement Request - I don't have an ID (I don't have access to their database myself). Just saying "the ability to hear the ANI of an outside caller who left me a message would rock" will get the request into the right bucket...

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

In a Unified Messaging enviroment the caller can see the Caller ID information in Outlook, unity stuffs it into the subject of the message, for example: Message from 91955512212

Over the telephone Caller ID information is not currently available.