cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(4) Distribution Lists

danwoodruff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I just upgraded Unity from 2.46 to 3.1(4). I have come across a problem revolving around both public and private distribution lists. By the way, I'm running Exchange 5.5

1) Private Lists: If a subscriber had one before the upgrade, it is still there and it works. However, when attempting to create a new one and add members in Active Assistant, Unity will not find any subscribers after clicking on Find, for either lookup by name or ext. It just sits there. I also tried adding via phone and that didn't work either.

2) Public Lists: I have created lists in Exchange no problem. I have created some new ones and wanted them in Unity. I tried importing them through SysAdmin. Unity would find new lists that needed to be imported, but after clicking on Add, I get a message "Unknown Error" and it will not import. I tried creating through SysAdmin as new and it worked fine.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure on #1 right off hand... presumably you can search for subscribers fine in the subscribers page so Unity is seeing folks in the directory and SQL (right?). Not sure why the private list would be giving you trouble there. There's a known bug in 3.1(x) where attempting to access a new personal list over the phone causes an error but editing an existing one is OK. Can you add new users to existing lists? You just mentioned they worked ok but I'm specifically interested in if you can add users to an existing list or not.

for #2 I'm curious if you create a new DL in Exchange in the same public distribution list container Unity creates new DLs in and then import it from there via the SA, do you get the same error? Or is it only if you're importing DLs from another container?

#1. Okay, an update on the private lists. Turns out the reason why no names were being found is because I wasn't waiting long enough. It's taking an unusually long amount of time to find subscribers. Is that related to not being in Exchange? When the results to appear, they are out of order and mixed in with all the public distribution lists. It wasn't like that in version 2.46. But yes, I can now add names to both existing and new. The search time is less when I don't search for all subscribers.

#2. I was working in the same container as Unity, called DistributionLists which is under Recipients.