cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1.4 navigation

ml4327
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity 3.1.4 using the optional conversation 1 menus once a caller gets into a mailbox how can they get back to the recorded opening greeting? As it stands now, when they press the * key to back up a level it takes them back to the default Unity menus.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to hit * again to exit out of the subscriber conversation - the destination (configurable in 4.0(1) and later) is the opening greeting call handler which sounds like what you want. There is no single key sequence that will get you right from hearing your messages to the opening greeting. The "*" key backs up one menu level from where you're at all the time... so you hit * once and it goes to the subscriber top level menu, you hit * again and you exit out back to the opening greeting.

Getting back to the opening greeting is exactly what I want to happen. But what seems to be happening is that while users are getting back to the opening greeting they are also getting taken back to the default conversation settings in Unity when they would prefer to remain in the menus for optional conversation 1. Is this expected behavior?

I don't know what you mean here... the optional conversation settings only apply durring the message playback portion of the subscriber conversation, no other place. Once you leave that portion of the subscriber conversation the key mappings are all default, so I guess the answer is yes - this is expected behavior.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: