cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1.4 won't start after restoring the exported 2.4.6 database !

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I got an error when trying to start Unity 3.1.4 after importing a 2.4.6 Exported Database .

Before, I import the database, Unity has start without any error message after the installation !

After the import :

The import was done without error . But in Advanced Registry Editor, I saw that after the Import, the LDAP Port of the Exchange 5.5 Server have been change back to default LDAP 389, event if it was configured to 2015 and that the server was working well before the Importation ... (Did the Import Tool set back the LDAP port to 389 ???) .

I set back the LDAP port to 2015, but Unity still wont start with the following error message :

Event Viewer :

Message 1 :

The AvCsGateway service failed to start due to the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Message 2 :

Application popup: AvDSEx55.exe - Unable To Locate DLL : The dynamic link library AvSecurityKey.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\CommServer\Components;.;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;c:\sti;c:\cpqutil;c:\utils;C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN.

*** In this error message, AvDSEx55.exe try the AvSecuritykey.dll, but, after a File Search , the Avsecuritykey was not "reinstall" by Unity 3.1.4 ?

Running Syscheck , result at the following result :

Failure Doh Trying to find the Doh. Unexpected Error Occured in e:\views\cs_ue3.1.3.43\un_Doh2\SysCheck\DohTests\GetTheDoh.cpp, line: 45, hr = : HRESULT 0x80004005 Contact Technical Support.

Failure Doh Check call routing rules Unexpected Error Occured in e:\views\cs_ue3.1.3.43\un_Doh2\SysCheck\DohTests\GetTheDoh.cpp, line: 45, hr = : HRESULT 0x80004005 Contact Technical Support.

All other test by Syscheck are successfull !

Other Possible related issue :

In my preparation for my "Unity Move", I prepare my AD Forest/Domain for Exchange 2K. When I Run the setup. I got an error message that "bad" caracters was use in my organization name, the caracter was : "( "and ")" . So, i change the name of the Exchange 5.5 Organization to be able to pursue with the AD Preparation . After that change, I did my export 2.4.6 to disk .

So, now on 3.1.4 ...after my Import, If I go in the Global Subscriber Manager Tool, I can see that when I try to reach a user "profile" in SA, the "URL" point to the old organization name, the old one with "( "and ")" . So, Can I use, Bulk Edit or something like that, to restore the value of the organization name to the new one ?

URL LINK WITH THE BAD ORG NAME :

http://unity/Web/SA/FrameASP/SubsFrame.asp?CookieCheck=1&DirID=cn=JGodin,cn=Recipients,ou=CISCO,o=Telus%20Solutions%20(Quebec)%20Inc

Any suggestion , to help me, get my system running !

Thanks you for helping me !

Martin

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I have a firm grasp on all that you did but I can say that the import tool for migrating data from 2.4.x does not touch the registry or fiddle with files on the local hard drive other than to copy switch definition files over into the \commserver\intlib directory. It most certainly doesn't delete files. If your LDAP port was changed or if DLLs have gone missing or the like, it happened external to that tool.

I'm a little disturbed when I hear you say that you changed the organization name of an Exchange 5.5 system... you can't do that. To change the org name you have to install a new organization and join servers to it again. MS does have a (very unsupported) tool to migrate but it'll wax Unity data in a 2.x install and it has lots of documented problems... bad idea.

About Exchange, I'm agree with you, we cannot change the Organizational Distinguished name, but we can change the "Admin-Display-Name" Directory parameter, this was my problem when I prepared my AD for Ex2K . Sorry, for the confusion !

So, Do you have any suggestion about to resolve the Exchange 5.5 Directory Monitor problem ?

Thanks !

Martin

I wish I had something more insightful to offer here but I really don't... the best I can suggest is to eyeball this techtip which covers some of the rights/permissions necessary on the directory and message facing services:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/mailstore-no-start.html

Thanx !

I have one more question :

In 2.4.6 ..the demo mode was permitting 2 Ports and 100 Users

In 3.1.4 ..the demo mode is permitting 2 Ports and 10 Users

Was happen if , I try an upgrade from a 2.4.6 in demo mode, with 14 users ?

Because, It's my situation rigth now !

I used demo mode for my lab environnement ...

In programming code of Unity 3.1.4, what is the "Flag" or whatever, that told the "Service" to query the Key to insure that licensing is right ? Can It be possible, that a sub look at the total number of user, to verify that the maximum 10 users have not been overrided ? And if yes, required the dongle to continue ?

Thanks for your help !

Martin