Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1(5) and Exchange problems

Hi,

I currently have a problem with Unity and Exchange. We have a Unity server that was connected to an Exchange 5.5 server that was working fine, we reaplyed Exchange 5.5 SP 4 (lets call this one FirstExchange server and here there is the mailboxes) and the Unity belonging start to be strange, i couldnt delete the subscribres, i then run the configuration setup but i couldnt connect to the Exchange server, it shows me a message that says the LDAP server cannot be found. Until here fine, no worries, we have another Exchange 5.5 (lets call this new Second Exchange Server, this one doesnt have the mailboxes) that is connected to the same domain, then i connected to the another Exchange 5.5 server and it worked ok, i have the same call handlers users and everything like with the another server. The problem now is that the SecondExchange server will desapear form my network and i need to conect to the FirstExchange server again.

The question here is do you know why i couldnt see the Server?

I will apreciate your help and if you have some info about a known case like this one please tell me.

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity 3.1(5) and Exchange problems

It's quite possible that reapplying the ex5.5sp4 reset the port numbers of the ldap protocol in ex5.5. Check the global ldap settings and then the server-specific settings (paying attention to see if it has that checkbox for "use global settings" checked) to see what port ldap is configured for. Do a search through the HKLM\Software\Active Voice registry hive for "LDAP Port". There'll be two different keys that contain the port number Unity is listening on. Set the exchange server to use those ports.

adam

Hi Adam, thank you for your answer.

I checked the settings on both Exchange servers, this servers are using the same configuration but i cannot connect to one of them (the one that will not desapear) i have found this two keys over the registry form the Unity server.

hklm>software>Active Voice>Commserver Setup>1.0>Properties>

Key:LDAPPortNumber

Type: REG_DWORD

Data: 0x00000185 (389)

hklm>software>Active Voice>DalEx>1.0>server

Key: LDAP Port

Type: REG_DWORD

Data: Data: 0x00000185 (389)

It looks to me suspicius what could you told me about this two keys. Are these keys those ones that you are talking? If your answer is yes, what should i do, just change the values?

I remember that the values for the LDAP port when you use Exchange 5.5 is 379 and you must change it when you run the Configuration Setup, i did it as well when i runed it, i maked it to be 379 and it worked only with SecondExchange server, it didnt work with FirstExchange server.

Thank you and regards

Hi again Adam,

I checked this keys on another instalation that is a Voice Mail only sistem that is using Exchange 5.5 and the values the same as the keys that i sent you, it have 389 too, and this Unity is working. I think this is a default that the Unity is not using.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies