Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1.5 - develops slow message deleting problem

Hi.. I've been running a Unity 3.1.5 server (intergrated with Exchange 2000 SP3) for a while at my site with no problems whatsoever for a few months now. About 5 or so days ago, my users reported that Unity was deleting messages slower than it used to. I've investigated and I can't see any problems between my unity box and my exchange box.

I've read some posts on the forms about how "copy to deleted items bin" option can slow down unity, but I haven't seen that problem posted since Unity 3.0.

It's also curious as to why my server would "develop" this problem, as opposed to just having it since the beginning of us using Unity. Our mail store isn't significantly bigger and we haven't added a large number of users lately. Disk space is fine on the EXCH server as well.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem, or what the problem might be would be appreciated!

Thanx,

Gordon

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity 3.1.5 - develops slow message deleting problem

Difficult to say how this developed. I saw the problem once at a customer site. It ended up being a duplex mismatch which occurred after they made some changes to the switch Unity connected with.

Anyway, we have this doc to help you troubleshoot:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity-messages-tui.html

Hope that helps,

Keith

Re: Unity 3.1.5 - develops slow message deleting problem

Thanks.. There's a lot of good stuff there. I actually did recently upgrade catalyst switch software, so I'll try downgrading and see if that helps.

Thanks again!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content