Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1 (5) DIRT Backup Question

I did a backup using DIRT. Everything went fine. But when i was perusing the data, I noticed under stream files a bunch of wav. files of folks that have long been deleted from unity... I thought once a person was deleted, their wav greeings/recorded name etc would go away. Seems this is taking unnecessary space on box.. Is this functioning normally?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.1 (5) DIRT Backup Question

Yes, Unity should delete WAV files of greetings and voice names for users that were deleted - if you deleted them via the SA before removing them from the directory (i.e. deleting them from AD directly) this should always be the case. In 4.0(x) it should always work regardless but in some 3.x flavors the cleanup process did not always trigger properly when the users were removed in the directory out from under us.

If you download the latest dbWalker application, I've added a new optional check to look for these stranded WAV files and optionally remove them. You can get the latest version on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DirectoryWalker3.htm

thanks, downloaded and installed.. When I set the check options, it advised that I run it once with nothing checked to see what would turn up... Didn't really see anything about orphaned greetings or names though... If I check the box to clean those up, is it going to turn up anything different?

Cisco Employee

you need to click on the "optional checks" tab - there's a couple options there that include checking to see if transfer numbers comply with the restriction table the user is associated with and to see if there are any orphaned WAV files - this will show you what it finds. Don't click on the automatic clean up option until you've checked a few of the files to be sure they're correct.

Views
Helpful
Replies