Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1(5) exchange 2k - Message No Longer Available

Today I got a voicemail and when I listened to it the time header, date etc were all there, but when the "message" plays unity says "Sorry, this message is no longer available". What gives, looked in the event logs for the time my message header said messsage arrived, but no errors or events. This is the first time in a year I've had this. Wondered what it meant. I thought maybe because the message was too short, so I called myself and basically sent a very quick blank note, but got nothing which I know is the normal on blank messages...

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.1(5) exchange 2k - Message No Longer Available

It wouldn't be because it's too short - the message would have been tossed if it were shorter than the specified minimum message length.

More likely this is a message that got forwarded to you as an NDR... if you look at the message in Outlook I'm betting you'll see that it contains another email as an attachment which, in turn, contains the voice mail attachment of the original message. Unity expect it to have a WAV file attachment and when it doesn't it plays the "this message is no longer available" thing.

The other thing that I've seen is anti virus packages stripping out the WAV attachment or renaming it or the like - that'll cause the same symptom.

The first place to start is to open up your inbox from a desktop somewhere and check out that message real quick.

Re: Unity 3.1(5) exchange 2k - Message No Longer Available

Thanks, sounds good... I will take a look in outlook.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content