Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(5) MS Echange Services fail to start when SP2 applied

m-constantine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to build a Unity server from 3.1(5) disks. The server has AD and Exchange 2000 on box. Everything goes fine until I install Exchange sp2. When I reboot after applying the patch, the following services do not start and I get these errors in the event log.

The Exchange services which fail to start are Microsoft Exchange Information Store and Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks.

Errors in Event Log:

Event ID 7001:

The Microsoft Exchange MTA stacks service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Service which failed to start because of the following error: %%0

Event ID 7001:

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Service which failed to start because of the following error: %%0

Have looked all over Microsofts website/CCO and can't find anything. Has anyone seen/fixed this issue?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

2 Replies 2

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having the same issue on one server, and everything is fine on another that I buildt at the same time.

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Ok, I fixed my issue and it was one of two things:

I made the registry change suggested in Knowlegebase article 312859.

I also removed my clients DNS servers from TCP/IP properties (since I'm not connected to their network.

I hope one of these help you out.

Regards,

Jeff