Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1(5) with multiple CM Clusters

I have Unity 3.1(5) with exchange 2k off-box config integrated with multiple CM clusters. The original CM cluster is 3.1(3a) and we just recently added a new CM cluster at another location version 3.2(2c).

The issue that i am having involves MWI's. The MWI works fine at the original location but does not work for anyone on the new CM cluster. I have read the docs on how to set up multiple clusters to work with unity but it does not detail how to specify which port goes to which CM cluster. How do I tell a specific Dial-out port to go to the second CM cluster?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.1(5) with multiple CM Clusters

You'd basically create a second CallManager server in the TSP control panel applet. And for that additional server, you'd add the number of MWI ports for that particular cluster.

There was an 8 port system that served two CCM clusters, the TSP control applet would contan two CCM servers. For the first CCM server, there would be 7 voice mail ports. For the second CCM server, there would be 1 port. On the Unity SA ports page, ports 7 and 8 would be set for MWI.

Do i need to set up unity ports on the second CM as well? I have it set up just like you say and the MWI's are still only working on the first CM and not on the second CM. Do you have any other suggestions?

Cisco Employee

Yeah, for the Unity port(s) that is configured to go to another CCM cluster, the CCM in that cluster should also have a voice mail port configured.

Hello -

I am having the same issue. Did you get a solution on how to tell Unity which outbound port to use based on which CM cluster you are going to?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies