cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1.5 won't respond to touch tones.

chughes
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed a 3.1.5 Unity Unified Messaging setup into our environment. When we reach the opening greeting, the system will not respond to input from the Phone system. Ie I press for to lookup a directory of subscribers and nothing happens. Also can not dial extensions etc. Using the Outlook Viewmail and pointing it at the server, I can have it call my extension and record messages and even playback those messages just fine. I suspect the Dialogic card may not have installed something Unity needs to listen to DTMF tones from the NEC Switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Fixed.

2 Replies 2

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Has it been verified that DTMF is making it all the way to the Unity server? There's couple of ways of trying...

1) clip a butt-set onto a line that's running into the Unity server, call it, listen to the butt-set in monitor mode. When the caller hit's DTMF, can you hear it on the butt-set?

2) unplug one of the lines into Unity and replace it with a single line phone. Can that phone go off-hook and dial out? If you call that phone, can it hear DTMFs when the caller hits them?

This isn't a dual-switch integration, is it? DTMF detection for Dialogic should always be on. How many voice boards are in the system and of what type?

Thanks, I figured it out. The ports were not setup as voice mail ports. I noticed it when I used the port monitor under tools that the dtmf tones were not being picked up. When I double check the switch config, they were set back to standard slt ports. One of my tech's uploaded an older config to the switch over the weekend over writting the config.