Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1 Exchange question

Hi,

ok... so, I have read the design doc and I may be breaking a rule or two, but here goes... I have a centralized CM and Unity doing UM with the local Exchange2K.. works great.

Now, I have a small office with 30 people in a different timezone. They are connect to the CM and Unity and they have a local to them Exchange server that is part of the same domain. They can receive messages no problem.

The problem is that when they receive their VM, the timestamp reflects the timezone from the Unity and Parent Exchange server.

Any thoughts on how to address this... (other than another Unity server :-)

--Jon

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.1 Exchange question

Sure, you can set those folks up in a different time zone by subscriber - by default everyone is assigned to the same timezone that the Unity server is in but you can customize it. This affects the message timestamp during playback (all message timestamps in Exchange are in GMT and are converted to local time on the fly at the time the message is played/shown to the user).

You can use BulkEdit to change all 30 folks' time zone in a jiffy if they're in a handy COS or DL or extension range or something.

Re: Unity 3.1 Exchange question

You are the MAN!

Views
Helpful
Replies