Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1 fax integration

I was wondering if XMediusFax 3.0 is supported or has been tested with Unity 3.1? I have found several posts on the topic of fax integration and saw the link to the latest 3rd party fax page but it appears to be a Cisco internal webpage. Any info would be helpful.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity 3.1 fax integration

Here is the supported list:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/sysreq/31_sysrq.htm#xtocid6

XMediusFax 3.0 is not supported.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Keith is right that it's not one we've tested in house, but that said there's a good possibility you can easily make it work. Most of the fax servers we've tested in house have worked "out of the box" with only a registry change so that Unity knows what message class it tags inbound faxes as in your inbox.

If the fax server has an exchange gateway (most do) and supports sending a fax outbound from an Outlook client with an address of the format "[FAX:Name@xxxxxx]" (where xxxx is the delivery number) then you're golden. It's a matter of checking which message class it uses and adding it to our registry keys and you're off to the races.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks Keith and Jeff, I know that this fax server has an exchange gateway and supports sending outbound from an outlook client. Just not sure about the address format or the message class it uses. I will have to look into that.

Views
Helpful
Replies