cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1 no web access

ccnpjake
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot access the sys admin page or the stat monitor page. I get the error message "Your Class of service prohibits you from accessing the Unity Web pages" I have been working on an upgrade of unity and I have had problems since installing SP2 for SQL. I need to do this upgrade today but I'm not going to till I have 3.1(1) working with SQL 100%. <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

If the error message is reporting the correct information, then the Windows account you are logged in with is associated with a subscriber who is in a Class of Service that doesn't have access to the SA.

Was SA access with this account working before applying SQL SP 2? Is there anything else that might have happened to cause this problem?

If you just want to get SA access again, you might try using the GrantUnityAccess tool found on CD 1.
Log in to the machine as the user who installed Unity (or any member of the local administrators group). Run GrantUnityAccess from the command line (type GrantUnityAccess /? for usage). You will need two pieces of information:

1) The AD account name of the user you wish to grant access to. This should be in the form DOMAIN\UserAlias. If the domain is remote, the domain that Unity is running on must trust the remote domain. The remote domain may be an NT4 or Win2K domain. Any resolvable NT4/AD user account is valid.
2) The name of a Unity subscriber to associate the AD account with. For granting SA access, “Installer” will work here