cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1 problem!!! --- Cannont Add New User errors...Please Help!

jasonhumes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am running Untity 3.1 and I'm trying to add a new Exchange Subscriber, but when I enter his name, extension #, etc. and hit the Add button, I get a message saying "Templates CallHandler Not Found" and the user never gets created. Why is this happening. I have tried both the "Default Subscriber" template, as well as the custom template I normally use for regular staff and both give back the same error. I've also tried to create a couple of new templates, one totally new and clean, and one based on the existing Default Subscriber template...but when I enter the Name of the template, and whether it is new or based on an existing one, then hit the Add button, it does not create the template, it just drops back to the existing Default Subscriber template. Also, I just ran DBWalker and it found some errors regarding my templates...here is the error message (The same error for all templates) :

Alias=defaulttemplate

Display Name={Default Subscriber} Template

(error) subscriber template does not have a valid primary call handler reference

Darn...what is happening here. Thanks very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sounds like the default templates may have gotten fouled up (this means creating new templates will not help since they're done off the default ones). If you go out and get the latest dbWalker from here (http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DirectoryWalker3.htm) one of the options under the file menu is to reconstruct the default templates - once you do that you can then also create new templates off those - this should clear your problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sounds like the default templates may have gotten fouled up (this means creating new templates will not help since they're done off the default ones). If you go out and get the latest dbWalker from here (http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DirectoryWalker3.htm) one of the options under the file menu is to reconstruct the default templates - once you do that you can then also create new templates off those - this should clear your problem.

I have the same problems for Unity 3.1.5 with EX2000.

I have done the procedures from the “Recreating or Fixing Default Cisco Unity Objects with the FixDefaultObjects.sql SQL Script”, and looks it success with no errors.

After running the latest DBWalker V3.0.71, I got an error message “No subscriber template handlers found in the database-please contact TAC for assistance” and “Could not open local UnityDB SQL database…exiting…”.

No Errors in the Application Log and System Log.

I ever rebooted the Unity server, the problem is the same.

Any helps will be appreciated.

The recreate default objects script will not create items that already exist - so if the templates existed but didn't have their primary call handlers associated properly that wouldn't do you any good. dbWalker looks to be sure the default subscriber templates are there AND their primary call handlers are created and linked up right - if not it'll bail out up front like that.

You can try to use the "recreate default subscriber templates" off the file menu of the latest dbWalker - this routine will blow away any residual parts of the templates first and then recreate them from scratch. If THAT doesn't work, you really need to contact TAC and get someone to look at your system - you've got other issues going on under the covers.