cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1 requiring 4200 Subscribers 96ports

amastroi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If immediately the customer has a requirement for Voice Mail only, has no exsiting Exchange corporate server what is the recommended setup/hardware platform to support this:<br><br>2 Unity Servers each with their own Exchange 2000 message store<br>OR<br>2 Unity Servers with a 3rd Server running Exchange 2000 message store for both Unities<br>OR<br>???<br><br><br>Keeping in mind that In due time, if this same customer wanted to upgrade to Unity Unified Voice Mail, we would be able to scale the above existing Voice Mail solution to Unified Messaging easily.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

I'd definitely roll with off box Exchange (your second option). Much less overhead on the Unity boxes and it will be easier to expand this model to include email services by dropping in another box or two and moving users around Exchange as you go.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

If I go with my second option, that is , with a Exchange off the box, would only 1 external Exchange server be enough to start off with for 4200 Subscribers or would I need to consider 2 external Exchange servers.

Of course this is already in addition to the two Unity servers that I already require for the 96 VM ports.