Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.12 AVCsMGr

Jeff,<br>Today I've experiences a problem I can't explain. I do not have Outlook or any TSP loaded on my Unity Box.<br><br>When restarting the system, the Unity service AVCsMGR won't start. An error is generated in the System Event log: The AvCsMgr service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. <br><br>Also 5 entries are generated in the Application event log:<br><br>MALEx_MC <br>Last Category An attempt to access Exchange Private Store has failed: 8004011d. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. <br><br>Doh_MC<br>Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 8004052eH <br><br>AvArbiter_MC<br>Unable to log onto the Doh. <br><br>AvCsServices_MC<br>AvCsMgr: Component Arbiter initialize failed. <br><br>AvCsServices_MC<br>Manager service (AvCsMgr) failed to initialize the component manager. <br><br>In my opinion it looks like a certain service doesn't have the correct rights to connect to the exchange 2000 server (another server), but I can't seem to figure out what the exact problem is.<br><br>Unity server description:<br>Win2000Server, SQL2000, Internet Explorer 6.0, Exchange administration software Exchange2000 Unity 3.12 Demo version and W2000SP2.<br><br>I had this problem with another customer, but called Cisco TAC and changed the AVCsMgr service from logging on locally to using the Unity install acount to log on. This seemed to work but I recived another error when I attempted to add users to the system. The users screen seems to just hang. I tried this fix on my current Unity box, but this didn't work this time. I'm at a real loss.... It seems to having something to do with the way I'm loading Exchange. When I load Unity in my lab it works when I get onsite it doesnt. What ever will I do??????<br><br>When I go to create a test user in AD, it seems that it creates an exchange mailbox. When I go to exchange no mailbox shows up until I go to a workstation and log on as the users I created then the mailbox appears in Exchange. This is why I think I have exchange or AD loaded wrong...<br><br>Thanks<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shughes on 5/29/02 08:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity 3.12 AVCsMGr

Check out this URL:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/mailstore-no-start.html

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Keith, When I called TAC they had me try this and this does not seem to work. The only solution seemed to be to change the AVCsMGR service from logging on locally to logging on using the Unity install account.

Anonymous
N/A

I have given the Unity install account full admin rights within my organzation but when I use this account to logon to a workstation I have no problems, but when I try to access a users mailbox I recive an error that I do not have rights to their mailbox..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content