cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.13 with CallMan 3.12

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Okay, if i am upgrading Unity to 3.13 (which requires TSP 6.0) and i have Call Man 3.12, what version do I need to upgrade the Call Man's TSP too? (current CALL MAN TSP is on 3.1) Where can I download Call Man's TSP? (kind of wish it has a TSP link similar to Unity)<br><br>Systems Engineer

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The TSP for CallManager is totally different that the TSP for Unity. Unity does not require the CallManager TSP to integrate with CallManager. Unity talks TAPI to the Unity TSP (i.e. 6.0(1)) and the TSP talks SCCP (Skinny) to the CallManager.

Does this help?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I understood the concept. But in this case, i have trying to go from Unity 3.02 to Unity 3.13. Because Unity 3.13 requires TSP 6.0 (on Unity), i decided that i should install the TSP 6.0 on Unity 3.02 first and see if it would work with CallMan 3.12. Sure enough, it didn't work. That's what makes me think the CallMan may need to have ITS TSP upgraded.

I had to row back to TSP 3.0.4 in order for Call Man to talk to Unity again. Any ideas on this one?

Systems Engineer

No the CallManger doesn't need to have the TSP upgraded. In fact the CallManager does not need a TSP at all to communicate with Unity. They really have nothing in common accept the letters. Unity looks like phones to the CallManager is every possible way and you don’t need to have a TSP installed to register a phone. Same applies for Unity.

After you install the 6.0(1) TSP you need to reboot 2 times. I am not sure if we document this anywhere but you definitely do need to. Did you reboot twice?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I rebooted once since it didn't ask me again to reboot it again. I think the previous versions of the TSP forces you to do it twice. I will reboot twice when i have the chance tomorrow and see if it helps.

Systems Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: