cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.14 in EX 2000 and EX5.5

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

I have got a Unity that has mailboxes in 5.5 and 2000 spreaded out. We used the procedure to create an account in 5.5 and enabling it in AD and using that account to start Unity services to address the issue of EX5.5 mailboxes (which works great)....However I have noticed that some the Unity ports stopped answering.... I looked at the Unity services that were started with that account They were stopped.....I could not start the service unitil I retyped the password in the authentication part of the services...to start the service....Has anyone seen this issue before....How often the credntials for the Unity services need to be checked. on the AV servvices...This happens every 2 or 3 days....Resoltion is to retype the password in the authentication part of the service and service strats ok...

Sean Poure
1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is actually an MS issue with the services losing their PW if they don't have "log on as batch" associated with the account - very strange. Here's a thread on that:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26mode%3Dnew%26location%3D.ee8726e/0