Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.15 in mixed mode(Exchange 5.5 & 2000)

I have a Unity 3.15 server that is connected to an exchange 5.5 server. We have added the Exchange 2000 in mixed mode. I want to start to move users over to the new exchange 2000 server. What do I need to do to re-point Unity to Exchange 2000 and still support users on both. Several thousand mail users to move so it's going to take awhile and I need Unity to support users on both 5.5 and 2000. Also, what's needed once all users are off 5.5 and I'm ready to disconnect it? Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.15 in mixed mode(Exchange 5.5 & 2000)

Assuming the ADC has been set up correctly and E2K is happy, here's the procedure for Unity...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/rel_note/cu315rn.htm#2181897

As far as de-commnisioning the E55 server, there's a few articles on Microsoft's web site. One thing that you might run into is CSCea69260 (any mailstores from the E55 server might still have records in Unity's database). It's really a cosmetic thing, but if you do run into that, you can just delete those entries from the mailboxstore table in SQL (after backing up the UnityDb first of course : )

Views
Helpful
Replies