Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.15 not able to retrieve message from Exchange 2000

Running Unity UM in existing Exchange 2000 active/passive cluster. A few users had trouble retrieving specific voice mails from both phone and Outlook. From phone it would tell you 'This voice mail is not available'. From Outlook it would say 'Operation Failed'. Just these few incidences occured, everything since then is fine. Client is having exchange issues and I'm guessing it's related. Looking for possible explaination.

Also, this situation may turn back on us. Client may look to blame newly installed Unity system for exchange issues. What is the toll a UM system has on an exchange enviornment? From what I understand it just SMTP messaging to the system and MAPI connections to read the inboxes, the hit on the system shouldn't be too bad. Is this accurate??? Thanks.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.15 not able to retrieve message from Exchange 2000

Yeah, we've had a few folks try and lay their pre existing Exchange problems at our doorstep without much success - your assesement is pretty accurate - Unity is logging into folks mailboxes via MAPI much like Outlook does to monitor message activity for MWI/notification as well as for sending/retrieving mail from over the phone interface. You can check out the Unity Architecture Overview document for a little more details on how stuff hangs together - you can snag this on the documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com that may shed a little more light on the connection of Unity into AD/Exchange here.

I can't comment on the first problem you talked about - not much to go on here I'm afraid...

Views
Helpful
Replies