Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 3.1Exchange 2000 permissions

System: Single Windows 2000 server with Unity 3.1(3), Exchange 2000

When using the system administrator web page to view subscibers, under the Messages option the message storage shows:

"Total mailbox size (Kb) Unavailable"

This isn't preventing the system from working, everything else seems fine, but does seem to indicate that since the information can't be retrieved the permissions may not be set up correctly? I used the permissions wizard on the install.

We have a previous system at 2.46 and exchange 5.5 and the mailbox size is available on this. Is there anything obvious I can check?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.1Exchange 2000 permissions

It's not related to your permissions, this is actually a known defect: CSCdv67065. The SA is simply not fetching this information corectly in 3.1x.

Margaret, I don't think it's a permissions issue. If your Unity server also has Exchange 2000 on it, the account running the Unity service AvCsmgr should also be the account that's a member of the Exchange Domain Servers group. If this is the case, it shoudn't be a permisisons issue. I've seen this before when the mailbox size limits weren't defined. Someone else might be able to give you more specific information, but that's been my experience.

Cisco Employee

oh... and I should have mentioned that you can run the subscriber info report from the SA to get this information. It does correctly kick out a column of the users' inbox sizes.

Thanks for your replies - i am about to re-integrate with PA, so wanted to make sure the Unity side was all OK.

Views
Helpful
Replies