Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 3.34 with Ex5.5 and 2k ADC oneway or two way

I have got a win2k AD installed. EX5.5 holds most of the mailboxes...There is ex2k in place with ADC...There are some MB reside on EX2k and most reside on ex5.5...

ADC is set for two way...I remember it was an issue....Jeff said once it would be easier to have it oneway from EX2k to 5.5...

I am planning to install a Unity box and and just join the ex2k when I run the Configuration setup in Unity. Hoping ADC takes care of the rest.....

Q1. Will ADC settings will cause problem...

Q2. If it does is there any other suggested setup in this environment

Sean Poure
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 3.34 with Ex5.5 and 2k ADC oneway or two way

the one way ADC issue was with 2.4.6... if you went two way you would completely destroy the Unity database on the Ex55 server. With 3.x this is not a problem any longer. Setup two way ADC connections for your ex55 servers and setup Unity to talk to an Ex2K server (AD) and you should be fine. The install guide covers this scenario in some detail.

My EX5.5 is the Bridgehead server meaning that in the EXCHANGE world the routing of messages still is the reponsibility of the EX5.5 and follows the EX5.5 ORG/Site model....Would that be an issue with Unity....I remember I read somewhere that the Bridgehead server needs to be EX2k. in the mixed envionment of EX2K and 5.5....

Sean Poure

In a mixed Ex2k/Ex5.5 environment, you must always link Unity to an Ex2k server when doing the configuration setup.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/inst/inst31/inst_020.htm#xtocid59

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content