Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0.1 - Music on Hold issues

Situation: Unity call handler tries an attended transfer to an extension that is busy, and places that call on hold (in queue).

The problem is that the hold music is 'broken up' for the first called in line. Second, third, etc sound fine. First called hears the start of the hold music and it is interrupted a few times during each hold period. Consequently, the caller is not actually hearing PHHoldMusic000, which I though they would hear... (second caller hears this) They are hearing the MOH that callers hear when placed on hold from a phone.

Is this correct or is something misconfigured?

Thanks.

Dennis

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0.1 - Music on Hold issues

I believe these are teh transfer attempts for the first person in line checking to see if the line is free yet - folks 2nd and back just check their queue position when the hold music clip ends but the first guy in line will be trying the line repeatedly - I can chat with the MIU folks to verify...

Cisco Employee

The conversations guys filled me in on a hidden registry key that may help you out here:

There is a hidden registry key to control the number of attempt and the sec to wait for the call transfer.

\Active Voice\CallTransfer\1.0\WaitTimeSec - for time between check

\Active Voice\CallTransfer\1.0\Attempts - number of attemps

By lowering the value WaitTimeSec value it should decrease the waiting period between check and vice versa. It'll try the total number of attempts times before checking back in with the user to see if they want to hang tight for longer.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I believe these are teh transfer attempts for the first person in line checking to see if the line is free yet - folks 2nd and back just check their queue position when the hold music clip ends but the first guy in line will be trying the line repeatedly - I can chat with the MIU folks to verify...

Is there a way to have Unity check the first line in the same fasion it checks the other calls? In other words, can I change the period of waiting between checks for the attended transfer? (hoping I am asking this correctly)

Thanks

Dennis

Cisco Employee

The conversations guys filled me in on a hidden registry key that may help you out here:

There is a hidden registry key to control the number of attempt and the sec to wait for the call transfer.

\Active Voice\CallTransfer\1.0\WaitTimeSec - for time between check

\Active Voice\CallTransfer\1.0\Attempts - number of attemps

By lowering the value WaitTimeSec value it should decrease the waiting period between check and vice versa. It'll try the total number of attempts times before checking back in with the user to see if they want to hang tight for longer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content