cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.1 Subscriber mailbox move

cstephenon
Level 1
Level 1

I've had to move 1 subscriber to a different server. The user now can't retrieve VM via the phone. He's prompted for password but then get "system is unavailable". This is only happening to this user. He is getting VM via Inbox, just can get on phone. Event log is showing:

Unity was unable to retrive the mailbox for the subscriber to verify the status of the mailbox. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Possible reasons could be a missing mailx, which can be determined through DBWalker or a corrupt memory. Technical information IAvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 199 of file e:\views\cs_ue4.0.0.280\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp. Check the return code through DohErrorTest tool.

and

Unity was unable to determine the mailbox status for the subscriber. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Technical details - GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 98 of file e:\views\cs_ue4.0.0.280\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp.

I understanding that Unity no longer is seeing the mailbox. Is recreating the user account the easiest solutions? If so, will deleting then recreating it delete VM already in the Inbox?

thanks,

chad

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Removing the Unity account will _never_ remove voice messages in Exchange or the account in AD - we don't do that. So you should be able to remove the subscriber from Unity and re add them.

Which version of Unity is this? If Unity was left logged into that person's mailbox while you moved it (i.e. in Exchange 5.5) then it could very well require you reboot your Exchange servers as well since 5.5 had an issue if any client were logged into a mailbox when you moved it (i.e. like Outlook). This is why you'd use the bulk logout utility or shut Unity down before moving mailboxes.

If this is Ex2K then it shouldn't be a problem...

If this is E2K, it looks like it may be possible that MAPI is having a hard time resolving the name of the mailbox that was just moved. This can happen if the GC server that is specified in the MAPI profile becomes unreachable, and MAPI is forced to resolve an un-cached name.

Step 15 in this doc will help locate the MAPI profile on the Unity server (this step in the doc is about deleting the profile, don't do that here)...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800949dc.shtml

In the profile there will be some registry keys. One will start with "DCA....." That's the key that specifies the GC. Ensure that the server there is reachable and resolvable.

This is a Unity with Domino integration.

Ooops. Unity Domino doesn't handle mailbox moves the same way that Unity Exchange does. Let me ask around here for a bit and get back to you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: