Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Unity 4.0(2) and Exchange Installation

Hello,

I have unity 4.0(2) unified messaging licence and the customer wants to install unity as voice messaging only .Can I install Exchange on the same server as unity 4.0(2) box or should I install exchange on a sepearate box.

I know that in unity 4.0(2) if it is unified messaging I cannot install Exchange on the same box as Unity.

Any help on this will be great.

Thanks.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Unity 4.0(2) and Exchange Installation

The reasoning we removed support of Exchange installed on box with UM was to prevent poor designed. When a customer buys UM they are effectively saying that they already have an existing Exchange install. So why would you put Exchange on the Unity server then? There isn't a good reason so we dropped support.

In your case you have paid for a UM license but you are really going to be doing VM. You can go ahead an install Exchange on the Unity server. Just remember that if you choose to switch to UM down the line Exchange will need to be removed and Unity will need to be reconfigured or perhaps reinstalled.

Hope this helps...

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.