cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY 4.0.2 - CallHandler with "Standard Greeting" set to Disable ?

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I got a customer who have 1 particular CallHandler on witch they set the closed greetings .

The Standard Greetings on this CallHandler is "defaulted" to : DISABLE ? What can be the side effect ? If any ?

Martin

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The standard greeting should never be set to "disabled", however there were some bugs in the SA in previous versions of Unity that would cause this in some cases. This can be a problem because the conversations always assume that the standard greeting will be a valid, enabled greeting rule should all the others evaluate to disabled for the time of day/type of call. This can result in callers being sent to the failsafe covnersation which is less than ideal.

dbWalker should note this problem and force the standard greeting to be enabled on the fly.

Hi Jeff,

Just installed/ran lastest DB Walker. It detected the "disable" status of the Standard greeting and replied with "fixed"

Log :

Greeting rule Standard

1195:(error) Standard messaging rule was disabled, which should never be possible.

1253:(fixed) Standard messaging rule automatically enabled.

-----

I waited 20min, then I look up the CallHandler in SA . The Standard Greetings still showed as : "Disable".

Any ideas ?

Martin

Hmmm... that's interesting - the change should take place immediately and can't be over written with any info in the directory since the call handler data (or more to the point the messaging rule data here) does not get replicated back and forth in the directory.

Not sure what's going on there - if you have remote access via WTS or pcANYWHERE or the like, ping me directly at lindborg@cisco.com and I'll pop in and take a closer look.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: