Replies

Unity 4.0.2 cannot import Exch2000 Users via SAWEB

We have the following:

Brand new install of UVM Unity 4.0.2

Exchange 2000

Active Directory in Native Mode

Several hundred users in AD containers other than Users

Problem:

We want to import Exchange2000 users (about 40 users) into Unity. When the Unity SAWEB import exchange user page launches, all of the fields(dropdown boxes) are empty and shrunken from left to right (as if they were the smallest size possible). If I turn on IE script debugging, it flags several errors within the import page that launches. However, we can import users via the Bulk Import tool.

I have tried a reinstall of Unity, and that has not had any effect.

Anyone see this before?

11 Replies 11

sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this before and as I recall it dealt with connectivity to Exchange. Check all your services are running and you have permissions set correctly. Any other Event ID's?

Permissions are all ok. They were double and then triple checked. Per TAC, this seems to be a bug in Unity. We are still waiting to hear some kind of resolution. Our current workaround is to use the bulk import tool.

Tripple checked or not, I'd snag the DAD (Directory Access Diagnostics) tool off www.CiscoUnityTools.com and run it against users in containers where you're having trouble importing...

be that as it may, if the drop down list of servers is "skinny" the most common problem there is the DC/GC Unity is pointing at in the registry is either not up or not available to us - you might want to check this real quick. Here's a post that may be helpfull along these lines:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee91397/2#selected_message

This is appears to be actually a Microsoft bug, not a Unity issue. This is referenced in Bug ID CSCea10916.

You might also want to check the following registry key...

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\DirectoryConnectors\AvDirMonGlobalCatalog\1.0\Directory\DefaultGlobalCatalogServer

Is the server listed there reachable? Resolvable?

Yes and yes. We've changed this and the AD DC server multiple times. Our TAC contact is now blaming this on a Microsoft issue. I'm not buying into this since the Bulk Exchange import tool works fine. There's obviously something that SAWEB's ASP page doesn't like.

If you can setup Terminal Services, I can take a peak at what's up. If you can do that, let me know and we can discuss the connection details over email.

TS is already running on the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How can I get the details to you?

Please send it to....

oliviers@cisco.com

Thanks!

We are having almost the same issue here at Cortland. Did anyone ever find a resolution to this problem.

This is the line on the page generating the problem:

objList = Session(AVP_SADLL).ADGetNonSubscriberObjectList(serverList(iSelect), strADFilter, strADSort, iTmpIDCMailStoreType, nListPos, VAL_LIST_PAGE_SIZE+1)

So my guess from the programming side is either :

serverList(iSelect) or

strADFilter or

strADSort or

iTmpIDCMailStoreType or

nListPos or

VAL_LIST_PAGE_SIZE+1

is invalid,

This error is occuring on Windows XP, IE 6.0.

It occurs on when a user click the :Import User" button.

Our issue was due to how windows AD handled change collision. This is where accounts somehow gets updated simultaneously in the domain by two different sources. What windows does is it attaches a unique identifier to the active directory CN/DN for that user. This UID is not visible through normal utilities since it's handled by AD on the "back end".

This UID is what trips up Unity. The ASP/JSP code that cisco uses is not able to handle this UID properly. Finding the account with the UID issue will take care of your issue if it was the exact same as ours.

Here's a link that Steve gave me regarding the timestamp/conflict thing.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/distrib/dsbh_rep_cqjr.asp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: