We have the following:
Brand new install of UVM Unity 4.0.2
Active Directory in Native Mode
Several hundred users in AD containers other than Users
We want to import Exchange2000 users (about 40 users) into Unity. When the Unity SAWEB import exchange user page launches, all of the fields(dropdown boxes) are empty and shrunken from left to right (as if they were the smallest size possible). If I turn on IE script debugging, it flags several errors within the import page that launches. However, we can import users via the Bulk Import tool.
I have tried a reinstall of Unity, and that has not had any effect.
Anyone see this before?
I have seen this before and as I recall it dealt with connectivity to Exchange. Check all your services are running and you have permissions set correctly. Any other Event ID's?
Permissions are all ok. They were double and then triple checked. Per TAC, this seems to be a bug in Unity. We are still waiting to hear some kind of resolution. Our current workaround is to use the bulk import tool.
Tripple checked or not, I'd snag the DAD (Directory Access Diagnostics) tool off www.CiscoUnityTools.com and run it against users in containers where you're having trouble importing...
be that as it may, if the drop down list of servers is "skinny" the most common problem there is the DC/GC Unity is pointing at in the registry is either not up or not available to us - you might want to check this real quick. Here's a post that may be helpfull along these lines:
You might also want to check the following registry key...
Is the server listed there reachable? Resolvable?
Yes and yes. We've changed this and the AD DC server multiple times. Our TAC contact is now blaming this on a Microsoft issue. I'm not buying into this since the Bulk Exchange import tool works fine. There's obviously something that SAWEB's ASP page doesn't like.
If you can setup Terminal Services, I can take a peak at what's up. If you can do that, let me know and we can discuss the connection details over email.
TS is already running on the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How can I get the details to you?
We are having almost the same issue here at Cortland. Did anyone ever find a resolution to this problem.
This is the line on the page generating the problem:
objList = Session(AVP_SADLL).ADGetNonSubscriberObjectList(serverList(iSelect), strADFilter, strADSort, iTmpIDCMailStoreType, nListPos, VAL_LIST_PAGE_SIZE+1)
So my guess from the programming side is either :
This error is occuring on Windows XP, IE 6.0.
It occurs on when a user click the :Import User" button.
Our issue was due to how windows AD handled change collision. This is where accounts somehow gets updated simultaneously in the domain by two different sources. What windows does is it attaches a unique identifier to the active directory CN/DN for that user. This UID is not visible through normal utilities since it's handled by AD on the "back end".
This UID is what trips up Unity. The ASP/JSP code that cisco uses is not able to handle this UID properly. Finding the account with the UID issue will take care of your issue if it was the exact same as ours.
Here's a link that Steve gave me regarding the timestamp/conflict thing.