Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(2) errors - ciscopca

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

I am running Unity 4.0(2) in test with CallManager 3.3(2)spC. Unity test server is an HP DL380 G1 processor with 2 CPUs. I have just begun testing ciscopca and wanted to check here first to see if these errors are something I need to correct in my configuration ... or are known defects. I could not find anything in the Bug Toolkit for Unity 4.0. Would of course like to prevent a TAC case:

1. http:\\servername\web\aa is not redirecting to servername\ciscopca

2. http:\\servername\web\aa still works and allows me to configure settings/greetings etc. I noticed the logoff button does not work - get "Error on page"

3. After completing the logon process at http:\\servername\ciscopca, if I select the Unity Assistant drop-down at the top of the webpage, but do not select GO, the Media Master controls for the user are grayed out and no recording shown. Once I select the GO button, the screen is rewritten and the correct media master control is available, showing the user's spoken name recording. If the logon process matters in this example, I logged on with the userid name and password box checked to save information (using userid xxxxx@domain.root.net).

4. This is just a nit, but I noticed the Save icon in Unity Assistant is no longer highlighted when you make a change. I know our 3.1(5) users will notice this.

5. If the user does not change anything, but presses the Save button anyway, this error appears "Error saving personal options" with a red stop sign. Any chance we could make this more like CCMUser, which says "Status: Update ignored; no changes required" if a user makes the same mistake? Let me know if I should proceed with an enhancement request for this.

6. Navigation through Unity Assistant, in particular the Message notification area - I noticed that navigating through the various settings in this area appeared slow - progress bar said "Connecting to site servername" Win2K Professional PC and Unity server on same subnet.

Thanks in advance!

Ginger

5 Replies 5

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Regarding your first question there is a bug open for this CSCeb35727. You can set the redirections manually on IIS or you can run this script RedirectOldWebApps.js as a workaround.

For question 4 I did a test and that works fine. It does highlight it with me. For question 5 we can open a feature request/bug on that but it's best to open a case for that.

Ullie

Hi Ullie -

Thanks for the update! I did contact our Account Manager for moving the item listed in #5 forward as a feature request. I will also set up the redirection and retest. Will update this forum entry as appropriate.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Here's an update -

Thanks for the redirection script RedirectOldWebApps.js . I ran this on my Unity 4.0(2) system and it worked.

Regarding the Save icon in Unity Assistant - Does the Save icon highlight blue as the ActiveAssistant does in version 3.1(5)? I am unable to see the highlight when I make a change. Not sure if this is a contrast problem on my lab monitor or something I need to set in Internet Explorer? I also noticed the Logout on ciscopca does not prompt the user to SAVE if changes are made as does ActiveAssistant? Is this a known bug?

Thanks, Ginger

Hi

I previosly replied to your initial question 4 that it does show me but then I was talking about Active Assistant. My Unity Assistant does not prompt me either to save when I logout nor does it show the save button in blue. I can open bugs for this but I would need a case so that I can link it to it and make that bug searchable from CCO. You can drop me a direct e-mail at uversave@cisco.com and we can continue from there. I will post the bug id's later in this thread.

Ullie

Hello all -

For anyone interested in the information contained in this post, I am working with TAC on the following, which have been assigned the following bug ids:

- CSCeb51887 - When exiting from Unity Assistant, the user is not prompted to save information resulting in lost changes.

- CSCeb54971 - In Unity Assistant, the floppy disk save icon no longer turns blue when a change is made, prompting the user to save, as it did in ActiveAssistant.

Although they are listed as confidential, I would contact TAC for an update if you are experiencing similar problems.

Regards, Ginger