Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0.2 Failoverconfig.exe issues

I recently upgraded from 3.1.5 to 4.0.2. The licensing for the failover was not correct at the time of the upgrade but I got a new license with the failover and re-ran the failoverconfig.exe on the primary and it appeared to run OK. When I ran it on the secondary, I got a message right after the "waiting for distribution agent to complete" saying that failover was not properly configured and I needed to use SQL Enterprise Manager to stop all unity replication and run the wizard again. I clicked OK and the wizard then completed and said that failover was configured. It appears to work but I am concerened about the error message.

Since then I re-ran the failoverconfig successfully once without the error and then ran it again and got the error again twice in a row. I tried to re-run the failoverconfig on the primary and now it says that the failover was not configured and that I need to fix the problems and run the wizard again. It doesn't say what the problem is. Again, the failover actually appears to be working anyway.

I get the following event on the secondary server event log "CiscoUnity_RepDir cannot be found local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL.

On the primary I see the following event: "SQLSERVERAGENT event Job "primaryname-UnityDb-UnityDbPublication-secondaryname-18'(0X33F%0FD....,step2 Login for user NT Authority\Anonymous Logon' The process could not connect to subscriber secondaryname.

Any ideas on how I could get the failoverconfig.exe to run on both machines without glitches?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0.2 Failoverconfig.exe issues

The error indicates that UnityDB database replication between the primary and secondary servers has not been configured. This means database changes on the primary server are not replicated to the secondary server and vice versa.

Ensure that MSSQL and SQL Server Agent services are running under the same DOMAIN account on both the Unity severs and the account is a local admin on both the servers. Can you register the partner server in SQL Enterprise Manager on both the servers?

Re: Unity 4.0.2 Failoverconfig.exe issues

Yes, the MSSQL and SQL Server Agent services on both machines are running under the same domain account. The trouble I have is more inconsistency than anything else. I have run the failoverconfig.exe on this secondary successfully before, and I haven't made any changes. I started seeing the error "AvCsNodeMgr unable to connect to SQL server on LocalHost. Error 0X80044818" on the event log of the primary and when I tried to run the failoverconfig.exe on the secondary, it now fails when it gets to SQLreplication with the error "Failed to configure SQL replication for Cisco Unity Failover" That is my current issue (the error message on the primary and inability to run failoverconfig.exe on secondary).

The issues with the Cisco Unity_Rep Dir was on another Unity cluster and after a couple attempts was able to re-run the failoverconfig.exe successfully on both those boxes. I didn't make any changes to get those to work, it just took a couple times of running the script. Why it would work one time and not another?

The TAC guy suggested that since the failover appears to be running I should try the failover to see if it works, I didn't agree because I was afraid that I might lose my subscriber data. I would rather find the cause of these errors before I tried to test the failover.

summary: One cluster is working after re-running the failoverconfig several times. no event log SQL related problems. The other cluster has the problems stated in first paragraph above.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content