cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(2) MWI won't turn on

jeremy.abrams
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CCM3.3 and Unity 4.0(2). I've set up the CCM Voicemail port, Pilot number and MWI numbers. In Unity I've set up MWI notification on the subscribers. But the MWI's won't turn on. I've tried to resync the MWI but that didn't fix it.

From an IP Phone I can dial the MWI on and Off extensions and the lite will turn on and off.

I've also check the event logs on the Unity server but don't see any error messages.

Any suggestions on where to look next.

13 Replies 13

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

There a several things that can cause MWI to fail. If you look at the 'Indicator Lamps' status (in the SA under the Subscriber, Messages) for the subscriber is it set to Off or On? If it is Off you know that the issue if between Unity and Exchange. If it is On, the issue is probably between Unity and CallManager.

Let me know what you have and we can take it from there.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

The Indicator Lamps status shows off.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Ok. Is this Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000 or Domino?

Running Exchange 2000.

OK, open up the Unity Diagnostic Tool and turn on the following micro traces:

Notifier - 12,20,21,22,24

After you have those on leave a message for a user. Next gather the log files and choose to select logs and get the AvCsMgr file. Within that file you should see something like this if it is working correct:

13:32:34:471 (CiscoUnity_Notifier,2048,Notifier,21) [Thread 1144] NotifyQ popped eNOTIFYQ_ACTION_MSG_NEW [2], mailbox='cn=KChambers cn=Recipients ou=First Administrative Group o=TAC', arg1=2, arg2=3, arg3=1, varMessageData= (VariantType:0x00002011).

13:32:34:472 (CiscoUnity_Notifier,2061,Notifier,24) [Thread 1144] Keith Chambers has 2 messages of type Voice Urgent and Normal

13:32:34:471 (CiscoUnity_Notifier,2061,Notifier,24) [Thread 1144] Keith Chambers has 2 messages of type Voice(0x2) Urgent and Normal

13:32:34:472 (CiscoUnity_Notifier,2061,Notifier,24) [Thread 1144] Keith Chambers has 0 messages of type Voice(0x2) Urgent Only

13:32:34:471 (CiscoUnity_Notifier,2059,Notifier,12) [Thread 1144] Keith Chambers:MWI-1(8031), 2 messages (message just Added), current status On, current attempt None

Can you post what you are getting if anything at all? Email the entire file to kechambe@cisco.com at the same time please.

Thanks,

Keith

I set the micro traces as mentioned above and left voice message, and nothing shows up in the log file. Tried it a second time around with micro traces configured as mentioned plus : Alcommon-10, DalEX-10, DOH-10, SalNT-10. Still nothing in the log file.

About 10 min later I check the log file again to see if anything was there and found :

Notifier 22 [Thread 3368] Notifier Admin: ResyncOneMWI called for (null)

notifier 22 [Thread 3368] Mailbox logon successful for user cn= (user info omitted)

Thanks,

Jeremy

Notifier 22 [Thread 3368] Notifier Admin: ResyncOneMWI called for (null)

notifier 22 [Thread 3368] Mailbox logon successful for user cn= (user info omitted)

These two lines are added to the log file when I do a "refresh status" on the subscriber >messages page.

Hi Jeremy -

Here are a couple of things you can also check:

- One or more of your Unity ports (on the Unity side) are configured to dial out for MWI

- The Unity-TSP configuration has the same MWI on/off as configured in your CallManager

- The AVNotifier_MC service is started (monitors the user's mailbox for new voicemail)

- Voicemails are getting to the users' inbox (not moved by an Outlook rule into another folder)

Here are some really good Cisco links for MWI troubleshooting. Best wishes,

Ginger

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008009468c.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080153e42.html

P.S. I see Keith just posted you a reply. Keith and I have worked together before and he is excellent (meaning I would listen to him first) :-)

I am having the same problems. I do not have an AVNotifier_MC Service. Any thoughts

The MWI problem that I was having was caused by incorrect login accounts for some of the Unity services.

Was this an off box install..Meaning is the Exchange database on another server, or is it all one box.

Yes, it was off box.

thank you