cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.2 MWI

s.hills
Level 1
Level 1

I have a consistant MWI problem. The problem is when a message is left the MWI indicator does not cut on. If I press the resync MWI button the light will cut on. I am not sure what this indicates. To me it indicates that Exchange is functioning properly and informed Unity that there was a new message. However Unity did not send notification to Call Manager without being forced.

How should I go about getting this problem corrected?

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look through the application event viewer logs for starters. If Unity tried and failed setting an MWI, then that's where it'll spit out an error.

Take a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801ba5fb.html

It'll be the same for 4.0.2.

Yea, I had already checked the event logs and they really don't point out anything. I can add a couple of things. This is a Unified Messaging install where exchange is external to Unity. Also I have found by testing that if you wait long enough the MWI will come on by itself. So there is just a long delay. Perhaps around 30 minutes. Also the system is not busy the ports are barely being utilized. What might cause that type of delay?

Is this Exchange 2000 or 5.5? You can go through the UTIM and turn on some traces (as described in the doc I mentioned). That will help you for sure figure out if it's something from exchange or Unity. Keep in mind that Unity will only send an MWI on if it previously thought the MWI was off; so if you send a new message, turn the light off manually on the phone by dialing the MWI off number and then send another message, the light isn't supposed to come on (but a resynch would light it). So make sure you empty out the mailbox and then send a new message.