cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.2 "Sorry, extension is busy or does not answer"

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

I know I'm missing something stupid but I can't find it. When I call into the Unity opening greeting and try to dial any subscribers extension, I here, sorry, extension X is busy or does not answer. What am I missing?

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the system generated greeting for subscribers when they have not recorded their own. Which means you are falling through the transfer rule and to the greeting rules. Presumably you want it to ring the phone for a subscriber, right?

On a subscriber you're trying to reach go to their page in the SA and go to the "Call Transfer" page. By default transfer to the user's phone is turned off and you'll see the "No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)" radio button checked. Select "yes, ring subscriber's extension" and calls to that user via the auto attendnant will now ring their phone - of course make sure you select release to switch or supervised transfer depending on how you want to set this up - release to switch is the prefered method providing all the phones are forwarded to voice mail as they should be.

If that's not what you were trying to do, let me know...

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

an addendum. If I go into the subsriber and change the call Transfer settings to yes ring at this number, and then back to Yes, ring at subscribers extension, it works. It seems like Unity is confused for some reason. All of the subscribers are set to ring the subscribers extension, but it is going directly to voicemail.

Which version of Unity do you have here?

4.0.2. I got arround it by going into Bulk Edit and setting the transfer location to the subscribers extension. Something seems a little odd because that is how the default template was set up and that is what all the subscribers look like as well.

hmmm... interesting. That flag gets set in the SA (or _should_ be set I should say) based on the AVP_EXTENSION property matching the subscriber's primary extension or being another number... so if it was showing to transfer to the subscriber's extension it presumably did the check and found them to match. Kinda puzzling that it's not flying - I wonder if there's a space/trim issue or another at play.

If this is something you can reproduce by creating a new user off a template I'd be interested in taking a look at your DB if I could...

I can try to reproduce it, but I'm a little under the gun to get this thing rolling at the moment. I'll shoot you an email in the next few days if I can reproduce the problem. Thanks.

Hi Jeff.

We ran into the same problem today with a Unity 4.01 system.

We didn't do the bulk import, so can't attest to what may have caused the problem. The subscriber was set to transfer to users mailbox and the number appeared there. However, the field directly underneath was empty and when I edited the record manually by checking send to greeting and then checking send to users mailbox again the field directly below showed the users mailbox greyed out.

Doing a bulk edit for all subscribers did fix the issue for us.

Regards,

Chris Vain

Well... if anyone has a system with a user in this state, I'd love to get in there and take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on...