Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(2) Voice Messaging, VMI, Inbox displays messages however no audio

CRAIG COOLIDGE
Level 4
Level 4

Background:

Single Server, Unity 4.0(2) Voice Messaging, VMI (Unity Inbox)

From a browser, I can log into the CiscoPCA web site with a VMI licensed subscriber account, select Unity Inbox, view my messages, attempt to play the message, however there isn't any audio in the message, if I try to save the message or mark it unread I receive an error (dialog box) indicating "message has no audio".

Please advise,

Thanks

CC

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you access the voice messages over the phone interface instead of the VMI web interface do you hear messages? I suspect not...

This sounds similiar to behavior that can occur if you're using an virus scanning package on Exchange that strips or changes the WAV file attachments - any chance that's the case here?

Yes, you do hear the messages over the phone.

Interestingly enough, the messages show up correctly if accessed on the Unity Server. However, no client platform that I've attempted from will work (various W2K and XP). Go figure...

We have seen this problem at other sites. The Unity 4.0(3) troubleshooting guide talks about such problems. Please see if the below link helps, else contact me directly.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/tsg/tsg403/ex/tsg_1400.htm#1033664

The following Cause was to blame (more like I was to blame, For security reasons, most of the customer's users will never access their voice servers and DNS entries have not been made for these servers, to this point all administration has been performed by IP address, which has worked OK). Thanks for the reply!!!! CC

Possible Cause The Media Master control bar may not be able to locate the Cisco Unity server because the CommServer\Cscoserv\Ciscopca\WEB-INF\Web.xml "unityurl" setting contains either the 127.0.0.1 IP address or the "localhost" host name, rather than a network IP address or a valid DNS name. (Note that occasionally the "unityurl" setting does contain a valid DNS name, but the symptom is still exhibited. In all cases, however, when "pinging" the IP address for the Cisco Unity server from the subscriber workstation fails, the buttons will appear greyed out on the Media Master control bar.)

Recommended Action Replace the unityurl value with a proper IP address or DNS name, as necessary. Then restart the Tomcat service. See Step 3 in the "To Verify That the Cisco PCA Web Application Is Configured Correctly" section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: