Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 4.0.2 will not send external message notification

When I receive voicemail, Unity will not send notification to call an external phone number. In the status monitor, I see the line trying to dial for about 30 seconds but nothing ever happens. It will however, call an internal number.

Is there something I am missing? Where can I find unity logs to tell me what happened with this call?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity 4.0.2 will not send external message notification

The problem I have seen here is on the Phone side, not the Unity. As long as your users call routing rules allow the call, it looks like its going through. I saw this problem in Call Manager and it just had to deal with the VM ports being assigned to the proper Partition or Calling search space that allowed outward dialing. If you are doing a PBX, I imagine you should check for the equivalent.

Re: Unity 4.0.2 will not send external message notification

There's more to it than that. Maybe the user is only configured to do message notification if the message received has the urgent flag set. Maybe Unity is dialing the wrong number. Maybe there's an MIU problem.

Start with the message notification troubleshooting guide.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/tsg/tsg402/ex/tsg_0600.htm

adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content