Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity 4.0(3) and Exchange 2000 Licensing

I have a client that is running out of Exchange Client licenses. They are configured with Unity 4.0(3) UM with 16 ports. They have currently turned on per seat licensing as a work around, however this is not their normal operating method. They would like to know what, why and how unity is affecting their license pool.

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0(3) and Exchange 2000 Licensing

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question here - Unity isn't impacting their Exchange licensing at all - if they are using Exchange email services at their desktop they need to be CALed up for all that (this has nothing at all to do with Unity). If they have UM features for Unity installed they need to have paid for the UM seats to Cisco - again, no bearing on their Exchange or Outlook seats at all are involved here - that's between them and Microsoft.

If you're using Unity as a VM only (i.e. no desktop access messages) then we have a special license from Microsoft for Exchange for that purpose - but once you move into using email from the desktop, you have to square yourself with Microsoft for all that.

CreatePlease to create content