cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 / Exchange 5.5

sgamer
Level 1
Level 1

Why does Unity 4 support Exchange 5.5 only when upgrading from 3.x. Can I get it to work with 5.5 for a new install. It's only a demo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

More specifically it supports a voice mail only installation with Exchange 5.5 only for upgrades - Unity 4.0 still supports off box UM installs with Ex5.5 for new installations no problem.

For voice mail only we are standardizing on Exchange 200(x) only - it will, of course, still work with 5.5 for your test/demo environement but it wont be supported by TAC for a production VM only installation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

More specifically it supports a voice mail only installation with Exchange 5.5 only for upgrades - Unity 4.0 still supports off box UM installs with Ex5.5 for new installations no problem.

For voice mail only we are standardizing on Exchange 200(x) only - it will, of course, still work with 5.5 for your test/demo environement but it wont be supported by TAC for a production VM only installation.

Thanks Jeff, I was thinking that might be the case. We use Notes but couldn't come up with the DUCS software for the demo. It's really a pilot project that will likely go into production at some point. At that time, it will need to be added to our corporate domain and be integrated with Notes. As far as I know, the server would have to be rebuilt at that time anyway. Is that correct?

yes, that's correct. For moving from Ex55 to 2000/2003 or the like you can use DiRT, however limitations in the DUCS interface prevent DiRT from being able to create new users on the fly properly as we can in Exchange which means DiRT wont work correctly - this is something we're working on with the Domino folks since it comes up failrly often.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: