Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unity 4.0.3 message deletion

In the class of service under messages if I check the box to move deleted messages to the delete folder, does this mean that if I want to retrieve these messages once deleted, but not flushed from the phone that I would need either a UM license to use Outlook or Cisco Unity inbox (old VMI) license to get them back?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: unity 4.0.3 message deletion

You can restore messages from the deleted items folder (as well as get detailed reports about mailstore usage, deleting messages based on rules etc...) using the Message Store Manager tool - you can check it out (complete with training videos) on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

Also, in the upcoming release of Unity 4.0(4) you will be able to get into your deleted items folder from over the phone interface so users can go in and fetch deleted messages on their own in this case.

Thx Jeff. Does that mean that neither using outlook client or cisco inbox will not work??

Cisco Employee

Yes, that will work but you have to be licensed for that - if you've purchased some seats for the Unity inbox that will work. If you've installed VM Only using the Exchange license for that from Cisco then you are not allowed to attach Outlook clients to the mailstores - if you're using an existing Exchange installation you purchased on your own then as long as you've bought a CAL for the Outlook client you're fine.

We provide the MSM tool specifically for VM only sites that need such functionality.

Jeff,

As always you are the goods.

thx

Views
Helpful
Replies