Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Unity 4.0(3) not finding users on Exchange 5.5

When I did the integration to 5.5, I did a bulk import of the Users. All appeared well, some were rejected for various reasons, these were solved and re-imported. It now transpires that some users were never even found. If I try to use either a Bulk Import Tool, or the individual Select, both fail to even list the Users, let alone reject them for any reason! If I create a mailbox in 5.5, it is found immediately, but not these other users. They aren't hidden. Can you suggest what else in 5.5 may stop Unity finding the users? These users have been valid for some months and happily using Exchange.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0(3) not finding users on Exchange 5.5

any chance these users you don't see were subscribers on another Unity server at some point and then were not removed as subscribers (i.e. the Unity server they were on was pulled from the system)? If a mail user in the directory is "tagged" as a subscriber they wont be offered for import into another Unity server since a user can be a subscriber on only one Unity server.

You can open the Exchange 5.5 administrator is raw mode by using the "-r" command line option - view the raw properties for one of these users and check a couple things:

1. Is custom attribution 12 and/or 14 set with something? If so, this means they are likely tagged as a subscriber - you need to clear those attributes before you can import.

2. Is the "Allow rich text" value set to 1? If it's not then this means we can't log in via MAPI to that user's inbox and they wont be able to be imported. You need to have this value turned on.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

any chance these users you don't see were subscribers on another Unity server at some point and then were not removed as subscribers (i.e. the Unity server they were on was pulled from the system)? If a mail user in the directory is "tagged" as a subscriber they wont be offered for import into another Unity server since a user can be a subscriber on only one Unity server.

You can open the Exchange 5.5 administrator is raw mode by using the "-r" command line option - view the raw properties for one of these users and check a couple things:

1. Is custom attribution 12 and/or 14 set with something? If so, this means they are likely tagged as a subscriber - you need to clear those attributes before you can import.

2. Is the "Allow rich text" value set to 1? If it's not then this means we can't log in via MAPI to that user's inbox and they wont be able to be imported. You need to have this value turned on.

What can I say ?

You were quite right, the "Allow Rich Text" value was not set for those few users that I couldn't import. This has now been rectified and all is well.

Your assistance has been greatly appreciated, thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content